As a Senior PHP Developer you will work closely with the management team and will be encouraged to contribute to the technical strategy of the company as it grows. We are looking for technical expertise (LAMP/PHP) and technology thought leadership through embracing new technology practices with the ability to drive innovation.This is a technical role delivering innovative web and digital solutions through a full lifecycle development process.
longside delivering technical excellence you will demonstrate the behaviours and activities of a technology lead & enthusiast; i.e. embracing new and best practice technology; contribution to professional/social networks and the wider tech community; technology R&D and thought leadership on tech & process improvements.
- Outstanding PHP skills
- Experience with Apache and MySQL web servers and databases
- Solid Object Oriented Programming experience
- Git or similar distributed version control system
- Preferably from an eCommerce background
- Good architecture design and scalability problem solving
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environment
- Have genuinely written innovative and exciting code that can be demonstrated to ZimStay Technology
- This should encompass not only a drive for technical excellence but also a proven track record of leading colleagues and peers to analyse and challenge existing practices and strive for improvement.
- A proven ability to lead, engage and influence people to enable better ways of working and achieve best practice standards.
- A coach, mentor, trainer and collaborative team player.
- A history of working with payment gateways like PayPal and other credit card/payment solutions
- Knowledge and experience of API development and integration
- Knowledge of mobile application development for Android and iOS
- Twitter Bootstrap, JSON
- SSL Certificate management
- Social media skills with Facebook, Twitter integration
- Passionate in web technologies
This role will be based fulltime in Victoria Falls so the successful candidate will be required to relocate.
All candidates will be required to complete pre-interview technical competency assessment tests.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com along with your pay expectations.