You are ready to sell your house, but is your house ready to be sold? Most owners often forget that they have to actually do some work on the house other than maintenance if they want it to be sold fast. There are five things you must always do before you put your house on the market. This is especially if you plan on doing an open house or take pictures to post on a real estate website such as house.jumia.co.zw.
- Clean Clean Clean: No one wants a dusty or dirty house no matter how great it is. Dust each lamp, mop the floor, wash every counter top in the house and pay attention to the small details to help make it more appealing. Sometimes it’s better to hire a professional cleaning service to do a very thorough job.
- Paint the walls: Walls often gather and showcase years of hand smudges, scratches or simple dirt. Cleaning doesn’t always do the trick so it’s best to paint over it with a fresh coat giving the house a new look that any buyer will appreciate. Don’t forget to repaint darker rooms with light-coloured paint to give the room a bright easy feel.
- De-Clutter: Everyone has an abundance of junk in their homes but once you decide to sell your house, you need to get rid of most if not all of them. You want buyers to focus on how great the space is, not how messy it looks. Shoes, books, boxes, paper . . . should always be removed from the area before any prospective buyers come to view the place
- Repair and restore: The devil is in the details, and the sale of your home could be hampered by simple little things that you’ve stopped paying attention to. Try to look at your home from the perspective of your buyer, and think about the details that would impress or dismay you if you were in their position. Then take care of those details immediately.
- Light it up: Natural light is a big selling point for buyers so open those heavy curtains, replace dim bulbs with higher wattage and In areas of your house that are particularly dark, install some extra light fixtures
About Jumia House Zimbabwe
Jumia House is the best online property marketplace that offers sellers, buyers, landlords and renters a secure and easy-to-use platform to find or list properties online. For feedback or more information visit house.jumia.co.zw or follow us on Facebook, Twitter: @JumiaHouseZW or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 740940 or 08080181 (Econet Toll Free)