Cimas, one of the country’s leading medical aid societies today launched the classic private hospital package, an affordable product that gives members private hospital access, out-patients benefits and generous drug limits.
In line with its commitment to delivering affordable healthcare to all, Cimas has developed this innovative and affordable package which gives comprehensive cover at a low cost of $45 for adults and $27 for kids.
Speaking during the launch Mr Rodreck Takawira, Cimas Medical Aid Manager said members will extensively benefit from the low cost package.
“We are excited about offering a product that will see members benefits extensively from low premium. Our commitment to quality and affordable healthcare continues to drive us to develop products that provide solutions for members and those seeing reliable healthcare services in today’s tough economic environment.” said Mr Takawira.
Watch video below for more information on classic private hospital package
He added that the classic private hospital package bridges the affordability gap between public and private healthcare.
The new package which comes with discounted corporate rates, is a cumulative result of intensive feedback from CIMAS members.
Cimas Medical Aid Society group CEO, Mr Vulindlela Ndlovu said the package follows calls by members for a more affordable medical aid package.
“Cimas has therefore been working hard over the past few months to develop a package which meets the growing demand for access to private hospitals at a manageable cost,” said Mr Ndlovu.
He said that through concentrating on the benefits that are most commonly required and excluding some non-core benefits CIMAS has been able to create a package that makes private hospital care available to larger number of people.
Classic private hospital benefits include
- Hospitalization in a private hospital is paid in full up to the Association Healthcare Funders of Zimbabwe award for a four bedded ward
- Hospitalization on a government , Mission or municipal hospital including Parirenyatwa is paid in Full
- In- Hospital drugs are paid in full whilst in private, government, Municipal or Mission hospital ( to take out Drugs are paid up to seven days stock) at a cost determined by Cimas
- Ambulance services is fully paid for life threatening situations only
- Special Treatment services by private/Government specialists
On foreign treatment the package caters for treatment not available in Zimbabwe.
“The society will pay 70% of cost up foreign treatment limit provided prior – authorization is obtained from Cimas before the treatment is rendered,” reads part of the classic private hospital package handbook.